Submission Guidelines for MARGINS
a Photography Exhibit hosted by ReLove
We aim to create an immersive space that highlights the diverse narratives of our San Francisco and bay area artists. We aim to highlight work that reflects the interconnectedness of our community. Our vibrant, textured, and intersective identities.
Relove is currently seeking 8 photographers who live in the Bay area to showcase photographic works within our space for a group show on May 18th, 2019
Artists are encouraged to explore and expand on the following questions and themes for consideration:
- POC cultural/political cache and influence in popular culture.
- The Bay Area and Physical Space: The Urban Landscape and Cultural Landscape generated by ourselves and our neighbors.
- What does being a bay area artist mean to you?
- Intersective identities within our communities; Including but not limited to the interstice between race, ethnicity, sexual identity, queerdom, gender expression, religion, ability, and much more.
- The symbiosis between fashion and identity reflected through portraiture.
Guidelines for Submission
Please email RELOVESF@GMAIL.COM with a PDF version of your Portfolio with high resolution imagery. Please do not submit more than 10 images for consideration. Both Digital and Film mediums are acceptable. We have a large beautiful space to share with you, so “Hero” pieces are welcome! Please include a short biography about yourself and your practice. You may also include a CV and link to your personal website if applicable.
If selected, exhibitors will be notified by APRIL 30TH, 2019.
Required Dates for Participation
The artist must be available for an installation date between May 14th-17th. All work must be printed and/or framed prior to installation date. We would love for you to be present at Opening Night May 18th 2019 6-9pm to share and celebrate your work. Relove will market the event, but it is also the responsibility of the artist to promote “Opening Night” via their extended network. The artist will receive 100% of the profit of any work sold during the exhibition. Artists are also responsible for packing any artwork that has been purchased prior to buyer pick-up. Pick-up dates and times will be specified during the week of installation, but the artwork must remain in the space for 6 weeks after Opening night.